American Eagle Outfitters, in partnership with Filter Magazine, has this week launched Hear To Help, an exclusive compilation CD to benefit relief and recovery efforts in Haiti. And we're pleased to report that it features an exclusive Keane track - the French version of Black Burning Heart, which the band recorded in the summer of 2008, but which has never previously been released. (It seemed an appropriate choice, as French is one of Haiti's two official laguages.)
The CD, entitled Hear to Help, is from now until March 19 in all 938 stores across the US and Canada, while supplies last. The CD is also available online at www.ae.com (they ship to 64 countries - although it does look like shipping is quite expensive: $50 to the UK, for example).
As we wanted those of you outside the US to be able to hear it, we're offering you the full song below. If you like it, then please try to give what you can (however small) to Oxfam's America's Haiti effort by clicking here and donating. Thank you very much.
For those of you buying the CD, one hundred percent of the $10 retail price will go directly to Oxfam America, an international relief and development organization that creates lasting solutions to poverty, hunger, and injustice. In Haiti, Oxfam’s efforts include providing water, latrines, plastic sheeting, cash, and relief materials to those who have gathered in temporary camps both within the city and in hard-hit outlying areas.
The exclusive compilation includes the following 18 tracks:
* Beck: “Volcano” (acoustic version)
* Snow Patrol: “You Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will.” (Bright Eyes cover)
* Keane: “Black Burning Heart” (version français)
* Air: “So Light Is Her Footfall” (Breakbot Remix)
* Charlotte Gainsbourg: “Dandelion”
* Julian Casablancas: “Long Island Blues”
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: “Am I Only” (ReMix)
* The Breeders: “We're Gonna Rise”
* Vampire Weekend: “Cousinz” (Toy Selectah Mex-More Remix)
* Noah And The Whale: “Love of An Orchestra” (Chew Fu Fix)
* Camera Obscura: “The World is Full of Strangers”
* Minus The Bear: “Broken China”
* Of Montreal: “Take Me Out” (Live Cover Of Franz Ferdinand)
* Busdriver: “Running Water”
* Surfer Blood: “Take It Easy” (Drop the Lime Remix)
* Grizzly Bear: “Boy From School”(Hot Chip cover)
* AM: "Endings Are Beginnings” (Piano Mix)
Hers's the album being advertised in NYC's Times Square this week...