Cherrytree Records

Your Pop Alternative Source

When will I hear Tokio Hotel on my local radio stations?

Views: 158

Replies to This Discussion

But that's the problem. If it were that simple we wouldn't be having this conversation. We're not getting "Oh, you want TH, sure we'll see what we can do". We're getting "Who the **** are you, who the **** are they? We don't have their CD, we're never going to play them, so STOP CALLING!" It's not just one or two stations, we're getting this reaction almost everywhere. They're not listening to the fans.

It's my understanding that they can only play music provided to them by the labels; it's a legal issue. If they don't have it they can't play it. So the question is who has it so we can focus on the ones that can play it instead of p****** off half the DJs in the country trying to get any amount airplay. Are the stations allowed to request the music from the labels, and will the labels comply if they do?
We have been calling the radio stations, my Dj said they can't play their new singles because he said they are not singles here in America! Why are they saying that? So Cherry Tree must not have given these stations a list for them to play. This si not good PR for Tokio Hotel here in America!

Claudia126 said:
So we won't be spamming or p****** anyone off at the radio stations if we do? I assume this means the radio stations have TH available to play if we request them? I just want to be able to request TH without causing any negative outcome. I know some stations get upset if you request something they don't have to play. Sorry this is so long.

Cherrytree Radio said:
I strongly encourage everyone to contact their local radio stations and request TH.
The radio stations are refuse to play Tokio Hotel, they keep saying that TH's singles from Humanoid have not been released as singles - Automatic, World Behind My Wall, Dark Side Of The Sun! They said there is international laws that they cannot play them because these singles are not singles in America! That's BULL! For some reason the radio stations have not been given the OK to play these songs, or the aren't aware of these singles because the promoter have not given the list to the radio stations WHY?????????
Just a couple things on this:

Radio stations play songs within certain formats so if you call a Top 40 radio station or a hip/hop station they probably won't have the singles - in TH's case there were singles released around the world so if a station says they weren't released or there is some kind of "international" issue, they're just trying to get you off the phone (they may not have songs like "Komm" or "Phantomrider" though). DJs who get mad at you or swear at you are - quite frankly - not doing their job, which is (in part) to interact with the listeners. Rock stations, alternative stations, and the like have access to the songs (even if the song isn't at the station, they can get it), whether they will actually play them or not is a different thing altogether.

If you run into a DJ who is being rude or is brushing you off, don't get mad at them. Instead try contacting the Program Director of the radio station, they're the person who ultimately decides what the DJs can and can't play. There are a lot of things each radio station takes into account before putting songs on their station and they get a LOT of requests (and pressure) to play songs from listeners, independent promoters, record companies, advertisers, etc.
Thank you. My hometown radio station DJ is nice and I didn't get mad, because I didn't know what the truth is. But this station plays everything from pop, rock, all of these, the DJ even said he liked Tokio Hotel and know who they are, but said he didn't know of these singles, Automatic, World Behind My wall. Cincinnati has a lot of Tokio Hotel fans, and we have been trying so hard to get them on, as well as other fans around the US. But my DJ John-John knows Tokio Hotel.But l still think there is a problem being international and not from the US, were every radio station plays the same artist and the same songs over and over. just wish the radio statons would give them a chance, Thank You.

Cherrytree Radio (Tony) said:
Just a couple things on this:

Radio stations play songs within certain formats so if you call a Top 40 radio station or a hip/hop station they probably won't have the singles - in TH's case there were singles released around the world so if a station says they weren't released or there is some kind of "international" issue, they're just trying to get you off the phone (they may not have songs like "Komm" or "Phantomrider" though). DJs who get mad at you or swear at you are - quite frankly - not doing their job, which is (in part) to interact with the listeners. Rock stations, alternative stations, and the like have access to the songs (even if the song isn't at the station, they can get it), whether they will actually play them or not is a different thing altogether.

If you run into a DJ who is being rude or is brushing you off, don't get mad at them. Instead try contacting the Program Director of the radio station, they're the person who ultimately decides what the DJs can and can't play. There are a lot of things each radio station takes into account before putting songs on their station and they get a LOT of requests (and pressure) to play songs from listeners, independent promoters, record companies, advertisers, etc.
Yes, you are right. We don't want a negative outcome on Tokio Hotel because of the fans. I was really nice to the DJ.I am an adult after all. But I will request them again. Our DJ does know who Tokio Hotel are, he even said he liked them and liked the song Monsoon. Thanks.

Paige said:
We have been calling the radio stations, my Dj said they can't play their new singles because he said they are not singles here in America! Why are they saying that? So Cherry Tree must not have given these stations a list for them to play. This si not good PR for Tokio Hotel here in America!

Claudia126 said:
So we won't be spamming or p****** anyone off at the radio stations if we do? I assume this means the radio stations have TH available to play if we request them? I just want to be able to request TH without causing any negative outcome. I know some stations get upset if you request something they don't have to play. Sorry this is so long.

Cherrytree Radio said:
I strongly encourage everyone to contact their local radio stations and request TH.
ohemgee! i heard 'world behind my wall' on 'hot 99.5', my local radio station, a few months ago. i haven't heard it since though..that makes me extrememly sad. but when i heard it, i started screaming and jumping, cuz i thought they would never play TH in the USA. i'd love to hear them as much as i hear the other artists.....
Tokio Hotel on the Radio? i'll be waiting that program. :D ~ Hiburan
I hope it's soon, really soon. I'd be so happy if I heard them on the radio.
i hope sooo lov german the hav th cutest accents

RSS

The Cherrytree Presents Tour!

The SEN'TREE

Cherrytree Chat

Cherrytree Merchandise

© 2014   Created by Cherrytree.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

-->